Subject: Re: Alteon Acenic gigabit ethernet card
To: Eric Weigle <ehw@lanl.gov>
From: None <mcr@solidum.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/02/2000 17:55:36
    Eric> I was wondering if anyone on the list has had experience with Alteon's gigabit
    Eric> ethernet card (using the Tigon-2 chipset) with NetBSD. I'm using the stock
    Eric> version of the driver from 1.4.2, but I had to change a #define in

  Yes... 1.4.2_ALPHA.

    Eric> /usr/src/sys/dev/pci/pcidevs.h from
    Eric>   #define PCI_PRODUCT_ALTEON_ACENIC 0x0001 /* ACEnic Gigabit Ethernet */
    Eric>   #define PCI_PRODUCT_ALTEON_ACENIC 0x0002 /* ACEnic Gigabit Ethernet */
    Eric> so that it would recognize the card when probing.

  I do not think I had to do that.
  Dell, can you comment?

] Train travel features AC outlets with no take-off restrictions|gigabit is no[
]   Michael Richardson, Solidum Systems,   wireless in some     |problem  with[
]     mcr@solidum.com   www.solidum.com        WG meeting       |PAX.port 1100[