Subject: RE: Networking support for NetBSD
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Gregg C Levine <hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/11/2000 20:38:21
Hello from Gregg C Levine usually with Jedi Knight Computers
ifconfig -m reports this message, SIOCGIFFLAGS 3c509b: device not
configured, and this is preposterous because the network is being
initialized according to the messages that the boot process prints out. When
I configured it, using the whole process that I used to install the
software, the boot disk, everything went okay. And I will take your word for
it, friend, that AUI is a supported part of NetBSD. It better, the original
animal is still running over in Berkeley. That is, thicknet, which is AUI
attached, and based, is being used there, and the OS got started there.
--
Gregg C Levine mailto:hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net
"Use the Force, Luke." Obi-Wan Kenobi