Subject: rmx_recvpipe consideration in tcp code
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/11/2000 14:35:27
	http://cvs.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/wwwgnats.pl/full/1310
	The problem report talks about rmx_recvpipe handling missing from
	tcp code.  I'm not a tcp guru, and trying to find out what is the
	right way to address it.

	for netbsd (and bsdi possibly) syn cache complicates things a bit.
	- tcp_established()
		need to update request_r_scale after sbreserve()
		(for listening socket, after connection establishment)
	- syn_cache_respond()
		need to compute sc->sc_request_r_scale with considering
		rmx_recvpipe? (for listening socket, SYN-ACK)
	- somewhere in tcp_usrreq() or tcp_output()
		need to compute request_r_scale based on rmx_recvpipe,
		before we generate SYN packet (for SYN)
	is it correct that we need a fix?

itojun