Subject: Re: ppsratelimit for ipv4?
To: <>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/10/2000 13:09:04
>>3.   If we are going to do rate limiting, let's do it properly:
>>     define a leaky-bucket filter, with maximum-depth
>>     and fill-rate parameters, scaled by hz; and perhaps with a
>>     scale-factor argument.
>	we can integrate ALTQ (alternate queueing framework,
>	http://www.csl.sony.co.jp/person/kjc/) if we all agree.  we don't need
>	to do it from scratch.  we still need to figure out how we can
>	use ALTQ for icmp{,6} rate limitation (how to configure, or how
>	we should modify it).

	additional note: I think this is needs more long-term work, so
	I'd say it is post-1.5 item.  1.5 tree should be corrected in either
	of the following:
	- disable icmp6 rate limitation completely
	- enable pps-based icmp6 rate limitation, no interval rate limitation
	  (setting errratelimit = 0 should be okay)
	- some other way which can be done quickly enough, with minimal
	  complexity

itojun