Subject: Re: kern/10500: eon driver
To: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
From: John Hawkinson <jhawk@MIT.EDU>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/05/2000 01:18:15
| executive summary: eon is horribly broken when given an address of
| 0.0.0.0, requires some work, and, unless someone wants to spend a
| bunch of time rewriting it, we should just comment it out of the
| GENERIC configs on all ports.

I was about to reply to this with a "We should never just comment
things out of GENERIC, we should also adjust their BUGS sections in
their manpage, especially on a release branch."

However, there is no eon(4). This seems rather confusing given
accepted practice], and should probably be corrected.

But since there's no eon(4), and the eon interface is "documented"
as "options EON" on options(4), could the BUGS section there be
updated?

Thanks.

--jhawk