Subject: Re: sendmail.cf default setting
To: Assar Westerlund <assar@sics.se>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/19/2000 09:00:07
>> 	Currently, /etc/mail/sendmail*.cf is like below:
>> 		sendmail.cf: listens to IPv4 socket only
>> 		sendmail-IPv6.cf: listens to both IPv4 and IPv6 socket
>And if you run sendmail with a configuration file that tells it to
>listen on both v6 and v4 sockets with a v4-only kernel, it fails?

	it fails.  that's why we need two configuration files.

>I would really like sendmail to have one configuration file and do the
>right thing (listen on the supported socket types at run-time).  Is
>that not feasible?

	I have the fix, however, it needs little configuration syntax change
	(a new option letter in "DeamonPortOptions" line to make an address
	family/listening socket optional).  I've sent the patch to sendmail.org
	and waiting for them to integrate it.

itojun