Subject: Re: inetd.conf [sommerfeld@netbsd.org: CVS commit: basesrc]
To: NetBSD Networking Technical Discussion List <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/07/2000 16:38:37
[ On Tuesday, June 6, 2000 at 18:45:31 (-0400), Andrew Gillham wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: inetd.conf [sommerfeld@netbsd.org: CVS commit: basesrc]
>
> Well editing one file with a "foreign editor" (aka "six" err I mean "VI")
> is only "a little easier" than editing two for someone of limited experience
> or technical ability.

The problem isn't that you have to edit two files instead of one -- it's
the little matter of knowing that you have to do this (and that you have
to manually start inetd too!) in the first place.  All I'm saying is
that this is definitely the opposite of the expectations of almost every
existing sysadmin who is familiar with BSD networking software.

--
							Greg A. Woods