Subject: Re: inetd.conf [ CVS commit: basesrc]
To: None <>
From: Mike Pelley <>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/06/2000 12:04:37
> Indeed.  I'd rather see inetd running idle and listening on no sockets.
> Then users need only follow the tried and true recipe of editing
> /etc/inetd.conf and then kicking the already running inetd to get things
> going.

I agree - I think many less experienced users may not be aware of the inetd
switch in rc.conf, and yet know that to enable a service they have to edit
inetd.conf and hup inetd.  I imagine there will be a few users banging their
head on the console trying to get their smtp/ftp/etc. server running if we
disable inetd in rc.conf.