Subject: openssh/ssh
To: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
From: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/31/2000 09:44:15
>i ran them together for a very short period of time, and then removed
>the ssh2 stuff.  it was more trouble than it was worth.  i can't see
>how it would make it less secure though...

	the v1/v2 migration trouble in scp is there because, with ssh.com's
	SSH v1 and SSH v2 installation, you have two binaries - ssh1 and ssh2.
	If my understanding is correct, with openssh, you have single "ssh"
	binary that supports both v1 and v2.  so I don't think there's similar
	trouble.  At least, I have never experienced this particular trouble
	with openssh.

itojun