Subject: ip_flow.c (ip_fastforward)
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Joe Smith <jsmith_118@hotmail.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/18/2000 17:37:26
We're using ip_fastfowarding,  on a system routing 20k-30k packets per
second between two intel pro/100+ cards. When we enable it,  it causes
strange system behaviour;  System gets sluggish,  pauses from time
to time.  It may be because IPFLOW_MAX is set to 256.  (IPFLOW_MAX
determines the MAX # of active routes stored in the table?) We attempted
to change it to 8192,  but the system halts immediately after
enabling fastforward.

Can anyone advise how we can properly adjust varables in ip_flow.c?
(IPFLOW_MAX, IPFLOW_HASHBITS, IPFLOW_HASHSIZE, IPFLOW_TIMER, etc).

System has BGP4 running with 72,000 routes in kernel.

Any help would be appreicated!