Subject: Re: optional DaemonPortOptions (DaemonPortOptions Modifiers=O)
To: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Gregory Neil Shapiro <sendmail+gshapiro@sendmail.ORG>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/09/2000 18:45:10
itojun> What we need is an optional DaemonPortOptions, which will cease if
itojun> the address family is not available.  If 2nd socket can be made
itojun> optional we can ship single sendmail.cf to support IPv4/v6 kernel as
itojun> well as IPv4-only kernel.

itojun> To achieve this, a new modifier "O" (means "optional") is added by
itojun> the following patch.  With "O" modifier, inet6 DaemonPortOptions can be
itojun> made optional and sendmail will work fine on IPv4-only kernel.

I've saved this for review when working on a future version of sendmail.