Subject: Re: old name lookup breakage (getaddrinfo)
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/08/2000 19:17:48
jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU (Jonathan Stone) writes:
> The folk-wisdom around Stanford, though, is 'dont even try', which is
> why I still turn off IPv6 in recent NetBSD kernels i configured.
> (That's when I ran into the netstat problem, btw: put back the IPv6
> kernel and its fine.)

I guess someone got really unlucky or something like that.

I have had netbsd's INET6 up since day 1 and have had no problems
other than the normal compile-time problems with tracking code that is
under active development.

As far as I can tell v6 works even if one only has v4 connectivity.
For many months I was just a V6 island.  Then for a while I was on the
6bone via a single freenet6 v6 address.  Again no problem.  Later I
got a /48 v6 tunnel via kind graces of IIJ/itojun.  It just works.

-wolfgang
--
       Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus@dailyplanet.wsrcc.com>
		    http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/