Subject: Re: Euro File Transfer Protocol
To: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
From: Andy Back <andyb@boo.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/05/2000 10:57:23
Hi,

FTAM over OSI CONS wasn't too hard to set up using Solstice products on
Sun, nor with DECNET/OSI etc on OpenVMS. Although that was using a leased
line, dunno how much introducing ISDN complicates things. Not making
connections to a bank are you ? I know a system called Multicash
(IBM) that uses this lovely combination. Known some ICL apps use it too,
they we're hideous.

With the help of folks here before I've managed to get most of the last
free ISODE environment up on NetBSD, with working FTAM xfers. Im afraid I
dont have the modified source though. It would be nice if this got updated
so it worked well with NetBSD. Others may disagree. As for X.25, is there
a free userland implementation?

Cheers,

Andy

---
Andrew Back, UNIX Systems Engineer, boo.com.
	     Internet: andyb@boo.com
    X.400: C=GB; A=BT; P=BOO; S=BACK; G=ANDY
---