Subject: Re: patch to align ip headers..
To: None <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/29/2000 17:58:10
Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com> writes:
> On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 11:30:19AM +0900, itojun@iijlab.net wrote:
>
>  > >>+       if (mtod(m, intptr_t) & 0x3) {
>  > >>+               intptr_t i = mtod(m, intptr_t) & 0x3;
>  > >>+               bcopy(m->m_data, m->m_data - i, m->m_len);
>  > >Since the arguments overlap, that should be ovbcopy.
>  >
>  > 	just to be sure: there's no ovbcopy in the kernel any more.
>  > 	bcopy in the kernel is safe against overlap. (sys/lib/libkern/bcopy.c)
>
> Better yet... memmove()!  But I'm still not certain that this is actually
> what we want to do.

We made the decision a long time ago to purge the b* functions and
replace them with mem* functions.

The specific reason that we did not do so with code in net*/ was to
make it easier for us to merge stuff like the KAME code.

I'd therefore say your impulse to say "memmove()!" is in fact correct.

--
Perry Metzger		perry@piermont.com