Subject: Re: ipip and gif
To: None <>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/19/2000 15:14:02
[ On Wednesday, April 19, 2000 at 14:09:02 (-0400), Bill Sommerfeld wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: ipip and gif
> it's a hack, but you can use ipf to select the outbound interface
> based on the source address.
> an ipf rule of the form:
> pass out quick on ep0 to gif1 from to any
> works for me.  ("ep0" is the interface attached to the cable modem;
> gif1 is the local tunnel endpoint.)

Before I decided to simply point my default route through the tunnel
(and have a host route for the remote outer address) I thought I'd tried
that trick and it hadn't worked.  I probably had something else screwed
up at the time though....

							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <>; Secrets of the Weird <>