Subject: Re: dosload.exe
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?P=E5llen?= <pollen@astrakan.hig.se>
From: Lucio De Re <lucio@proxima.alt.za>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/23/2000 13:49:34
On Thu, Mar 23, 2000 at 12:48:58PM +0100, Pållen wrote:

> > ... which needs a small tweak, because the ROM code is greater than 32K
> > (can someone try to trim it down a little bit?) and the limit is still
> > 32K in the netboot/Makefile.
>
> Is there any possibility to use 64K roms with any NIC?

Good question.  I don't have the details handy, but I tore more than a
handful of hair out because the 3Com NIC supported only allowed 16K
EPROMs while the newer one with 32K wasn't properly handled (took me
a while to realise that only the first 16K of the EPROM were being
accessed - the setup program allowed me to select 32K, but did not
change the card settings, possibly because it couldn't :-(

++L