Subject: Re: rtl80x9_init_media
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/01/2000 23:23:02
Playing with eeprom settings, I detected:

- our code neglected to set the config1-3 write enable status, thus we never
  really changed media settings.

- I did this, and found, that the 10baseT mode doesnt work. The hub
  (I tried both a CentreCOM MR415T and a HP AdvanceStack Hub-8E)
  doesn't see carrier unless a packet is transmitted, and the transmitted
  packet doesn't come out on the other side of the hub.

So, besides applying the diff below, I guess we should handle 10baset the
same as AUTO mode. (According to the docs this is "10baset unless the carrier
fails, in which case fall back to the AUI pins of the chip")

Objections?

Regards,
	-is