Subject: Re: Setting ipv6 default router without getting a MAC-based ipv6 addr
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/26/2000 17:11:45
>> 	rtsol can't do that.  More correctly, client (end host) does not
>> 	have control over it.  Spec says we configure default route and/or
>> 	prefix as the router says, when client gets router advertisement from
>> 	the advertising router.
>Damn.
>Ahh well, just another way ipv6 is going to suck.

	I don't get it... what is the reason why you need to configure
	addresses manually?  for PTR records in DNS?

	if you manually configure clients, you are making renumbering harder...
	if you autoconfigure clients, when you renumber and you reconfigure
	routers, the prefixes gets propagated to end nodes automatically.

itojun