Subject: ipfilter 3.4beta - ipv6 filtering.
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/19/2000 16:12:51
A beta of the next IP Filter is now available, supporting filtering of
IPv6.  It will require a 1.4T or later kernel to work.  To install,
run "BSD/kupgrade" to update srcs under /sys and compile with INET6
uncommented in ipf3.4beta/Makefile.  At this stage, the user land
binaries need to be compiled depending on whether the kernel has
been built with "options INET6" or not.  There is no (planned) backward
binary compatibility, for the kernel, between this and earlier versions.

To load ipv6 filtering rules, "ipf -6f <filename>" and to view ipv6
rules loaded into the kernel "ipfstat -6io".  Statistics gathered
are global for both ipv4 & ipv6, as are options such as rule flushing,
(in)active, etc.

I would like to see this merged with -current, as 3.4, in time for 1.5,
once it has been tested enough so that people are happy (i.e. bugs ironed
out and documentation updated :).

Darren