Subject: Re: getaddrinfo search order
To: None <lukem@cs.rmit.edu.au>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/16/2000 09:16:51
>> 	I understand the problem.  To do this, we need to implement
>> 	another nsdispatch() variant, and call that from getaddrinfo().
>> 	As *BSD uses different version of BIND resolver, I don't think
>> 	KAME team can maintain that code...
>> 	(nsdispatch() is only in netbsd, IIRC)
>I am willing to help out with any advice or code to get the nsswitch
>backends written...

	I've placed properly-working getaddrinfo.c in
	ftp://ftp.itojun.org/hidden/getaddrinfo.19990216.c
	I'm using it with no problem.
	There are tons of code dupliate, but I had no other choice.

>PS: someone suggested maybe supporting `dns6' and `files6' for ipv6,
>but I'm not 100% sure about that. How does Solaris 8 integrate IPv6
>with its nsswitch?

	IIRC they overload "file" or "dns" to mean both name resolution.
	so "file dns" will mean "look at /etc/hosts for any hostname->address
	translation.  if failed, look at dns".
	This makes more sense to me.

itojun