Subject: Re: resolver plans
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/16/2000 04:00:15
>> 	What is the plans for NetBSD resolver (lib/libc/net)?  Will we
>> 	switch to BIND9 sometime in the future? (I believed so)
>I certainly hope so!
>Note that in bind9, however, you need a daemon to run to resolve names
>currently.  ipv6 A6 chain following and DNAME and DNSSEC are just too
>bloody complicated to have applications use that interface directly.
>:/

	Yup, I understand... putting A6 chasing into libc is too much to
	handle...  BTW, do you have any idea about getaddrinfo and nsswitch
	relationship?  I think it can only be fixed by modifying near
	res_search() and res_query() (BIND4/8 terminology).  My local
	modification has special version of them with getaddrinfo.

itojun