Subject: Re: $ifaliases_* vs p2p interfaces
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/11/2000 17:05:48
>> ifconfig_sl0 can take multiple lines.  it's noted in in
>> /etc/netstart.
>That agrees with neither /etc/netstart on the target system nor
>/etc/netstart in my most recently supped source tree (which since the
>last run succeeded means less than a day old).

	sorry my memory was wrong.  /etc/netstart and rc.conf.5 talks
	about IPv6/v4 issues only.  I'll correct those.

>Are you perhaps thinking of /etc/ifconfig.sl0, which *does* act as you
>describe?  I am specifically trying to keep my configuration in one
>place (/etc/rc.conf.local) as much as possible.

	again I'm very sorry, I meant /etc/ifconfig.sl0.

> # /etc/ifaliases, if it exists, contains the names of additional IP
>"Works for me."  You may want to remove the echo command at the
>innermost nesting level.

	am I correct that $ifaliases_sl0 and $ifaliases_sl0_[0-9]* evaluated
	differently?  I'm okay with it but we need to put wordings to document.

itojun