Subject: Re: pppoe
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: David Evans <dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/30/2000 23:34:01
der Mouse wrote:

> (2) it is poorly-to-not-at-all integrated with pppd, meaning it can't
> leverage all the existing pppd machinery like the stuff behind the
> demand and persist options.

  And the HDLC-like crap.  Since PPPoE doesn't use it there's no point in
doing it in pppd and then undoing it in the PPPoE stuff.
  Since I dumped my PPPoE-using provider in favour of one that uses a more
"raw" connection I doubt I'll be able to make much time to help with this
stuff.

> I don't mind at all; you're welcome to pass it along to anyone you
> please.  Or if you prefer, you can direct people to me.

  OK.

> I can't recall
> whether I've touched my copy since sending it to you...I last touched
> my version Nov 18, according to the timestamps.

  I know that I futzed with it for some reason or other that I now can't
recall, so the sums will be different.

--
David Evans          (NeXTMail/MIME OK)             dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Computer/Synth Junkie                      http://bbcr.uwaterloo.ca/~dfevans/