Subject: Re: RFC1933 IPv4 mapped address
To: None <>
From: Matt Thomas <>
List: tech-net
Date: 12/19/1999 11:05:23
At 10:10 PM 12/18/99 , Michael Graff wrote:
>matthew green <> writes:
> > i would like for it to be a sysctl; i don't care about the default.
>I tend to think the default is what the RFC says -- we should have it
>on by default, and put a comment in inetd.conf that we ship, and on
>the inet6 and inet man pages.

As an [original] author of the IPv6 Adv API, I have no problem with the
sysctl.  But I just made a proposal to add a socket option to control
this on a per socket basis.  This is because an application needs to
be able to control this itself.
Matt Thomas               Internet:
3am Software Foundry      WWW URL: