Subject: Re: ip6protosw..
To: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 12/12/1999 23:26:25
>I noticed a `nasty' dependency between the structs ip6protosw and protosw:
>pffindproto() is used by both ipv6 & ipv4, on separate tables of different
>structures.  If only one of the two changes, pffindproto() will fail for
>IPv6.  Is fixing this onion peeling problem something that can be squeezed
>in prior to 1.5 ?

	protosw has been used in various protocols so i would like to keep
	it as is (changing it will bring up compatibility issue with various
	experimental code available in the world).
	ip6protosw has a big reason to be different (kernel stack usage
	against long chain of headers).

	basically ip6protosw just needs to be in sync with protosw.
	I believe we can matinain them.

itojun