Subject: Re: m_pulldown()
To: None <>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-net
Date: 12/02/1999 01:12:42
>>         a function called m_pulldown().  KAME code is under migration to use

> No offense, but m_pullup should die.  m_pulldown is a further
> extension of this horror.

> Appropriate use of m_copydata is a much better alternative.

Why?  What's wrong with m_pullup()?  Why is it better to always copy
data than to point to existing data when possible, copying only when
necessary?  I thought avoiding copies was a Good Thing.

(This is a serious question, not a challenge; I'm certainly open to
being convinced.  I just don't see anything inherently wrong with

					der Mouse