Subject: Re: output priorities/TOS
To: Michael Richardson <>
From: None <>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/25/1999 12:33:42
On Wed, Nov 10, 1999 at 11:00:29AM -0500, Michael Richardson wrote:
>     erh> particular mbuf can figure out it's priority.  Flags to add:
>     erh> Corresponding to the IP tos flags.  Also add these to M_COPYFLAGS.
>     erh> Comments?
>   Don't write new code that calls it the "TOS" field.
>   It should be an index into a table of Per-Hop Behaviour (PHB)s. The mapping
> for a particular packet's DSCP field to PHB should be sysctl'able.
	hmm.. well I'm not currently interested in implementing all of the
DS stuff.  I just wanted to standardize the way we tell hw level drivers
about the priorities.  I suppose using the standard PHBs for this would
make it easier to add DS in the future if anyone wanted to.  Do you know
where I could find a list of standard PHBs?