Subject: Re: problems with single armed router
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@solidum.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/15/1999 17:54:51
    Dave> On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, Michael Richardson wrote:
    >> The experience I have now is weird: if I ssh/telnet/ping from
    >> "phobos" to an external machine (e.g. cvs.netbsd.org), then I
    >> wind up connected to "vonbrown". This is as if I had "ifconfig de0 0.0.0.0" set.
    >> I do have a number of aliases on de1. Any ideas? I'm sucking 1.4.1 down
    >> now...

    Dave> I'm not sure if this applies, but there was a bug in 1.4 that sounds
    Dave> like it might be the cause of your problems...

    Dave> patch-01-in_var

    Dave>   [impacts: all architectures]

    Dave>   Fixes a critical bug which causes machines to erroneously respond on
    Dave>   IP addresses other than their own -- this can cause a machine to be
    Dave>   unable to communicate with certain hosts on the same network.

    Dave>   A patch to resolve this problem is provided in
    Dave>   ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.4/patches/patch-01-in_var.gz

  This sounds right to me.
  1.4.1 has this patch, i've updated and rebooted and all is well again.

   :!mcr!:            |  Solidum Systems Corporation, http://www.solidum.com
   Michael Richardson |For a better connected world,where data flows faster<tm>
 Personal: http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/People/Michael_Richardson/Bio.html
	mailto:mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca	mailto:mcr@solidum.com