Subject: Re: PR-7148 (causes kernel panic)
To: None <>
From: Christos Zoulas <>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/28/1999 21:38:37
In article <>,
>These aren't grovelers. They use either sysctl or the routing socket
>to retreive 'struct if_msghdr *' data.
>What would need versioning here are the sysctl MIB and the routing socket
>message. It can be done, I just wonder if it's usefull.

sysctl and the routing socket are exported interfaces. You need to version

The sysctl one is easy: NET_RT_IFLIST becomes NET_RT_OIFLIST, and
we define a new number of NET_RT_IFLIST. Then using struct if_msghdr15
(the old if_msghdr) implement NET_RT_OIFLIST, if COMPAT_15 is defined.

The routing socket one is RTM_IFINFO -> RTM_OLDIFINFO etc...