Subject: Re: HomePNA cards
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/25/1999 16:07:21
itojun@iijlab.net writes:
> 	Great!  The card I've purchased is from Linksys and has AMD chipset
> 	on it.  I really love to try your code.  Is it possible to make
> 	the HomePNA/ethernet selection a runtime configuration, like IFF_LINK0
> 	or sort of media selection (like autosense/10base-t/whatever)?

The right thing is media selection, just like any other use of a
specific phy on an mii bus is media selection.

the pci 'le' driver needs to be taught how to glue itself into the MII
framework for those PCI le boards that can use that.  (iirc, not all
of them can.)

I've got a couple of the HPNA boards myself, and have been interested
in pursuing this, but haven't had the time yet...

It'd be nice to see a URL for working code posted to the lists, to get
people with the board up and running quickly, if whatever code's out
there can be given away...

cgd