Subject: Re: 802.1Q tagged VLAN for NetBSD
To: Michael Graff <>
From: David Evans <>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/08/1999 10:56:30
Michael Graff wrote:
> 	ifconfig fxp0.0 inet netmask 0xffffff00 vlan 42

> It
> would also work for ATM, I would assume, but since I forgot all I know
> about ATM (thankfully :) someone else will have to consider that.

  ATM would need a way to specify both the VCI and VPI (often written as
either VPI:VCI or the reverse--I can't remember!) but otherwise it could be
a good way to specify PVCs.

David Evans          (NeXTMail/MIME OK)
Computer/Synth Junkie
University of Waterloo         "Default is the value selected by the composer
Ontario, Canada           overridden by your command." - Roland TR-707 Manual