Subject: Re: snoop vs. tcpdump
To: Mark Allman <>
From: Andrew Brown <>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/05/1999 09:58:17
>> Shawn Ostermann's (CCed) tcptrace program sort of does what you
>> want.
>Oh, and what I forgot was a pointer to the program:

thanks. it's in the package system though, and i built it already at
one point when i was madly building anything that sounded remotely
interesting.  :)

i think i'll proceed with my original plan, though, which is to write
a dump translater: snoop <-> tcpdump, bigendian <-> littleendian
dumps, etc.  sort of a sox for sockets, so to speak.

can anyone think of any other packet capture file formats that might
be nice to add?