Subject: Re: Wireless LAN - options?
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@asim.lip6.fr>
List: tech-net
Date: 09/30/1999 12:17:33
On Wed, Sep 29, 1999 at 04:58:19PM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > I'm quite happy with the WaveLAN, for the few times I used them.
>
> Can you give exact brand, manufacturer, maybe some web address on these
> cards, please? Thanks!

Ok, so, in the product section of www.wavelan.com, they are labeled as:
"Wavelan IEEE 802.11 (bronze)". The associated wavepoint is the "wavepoint II
acces point", on the same page.
The wavepoint is optional, you can run the bards in 'ad-hoc' mode.
The wavepoint is a bridge to ethernet, and can also increase a bit
the range by relaying frames.

There seem to be a new product, the "WaveLAN IEEE Turbo PC Card (Bronze)",
I don't know what's the difference with the one I have. Maybe the same
driver will work ...
In support->software library, you can get a list of available drivers,
even for non-bill OS !