Subject: Re: ITAR Question
To: Henry B. Hotz <>
From: Michael Richardson <>
List: tech-net
Date: 09/03/1999 15:35:37
    Henry> Are there any ITAR issues I need to worry about when writing
    Henry> networking code?

  Usually those are crypto issues, but yes, ITAR covers lots of high

    Henry> I'm interested in adding the CCSDS protocols to the networking
    Henry> stack.  CCSDS stands for Consultative Committee for Space Data
    Henry> Systems (a committee of ISO) and the protocols in question are the
    Henry> ones used to communicate with modern deep space spacecraft like
    Henry> DS1, and the late Mars Pathfinder.

    Henry> The NASA-paid-for implementations are not exportable.  I don't
    Henry> know the exact reason for sure.  The protocols are international
    Henry> standards available from

Consultative Committee for Space Data Systems (CCSDS-DOM)
   CCSDS Secretariat Code MG National
   Aeronautics and Space Administration
   Washington, DC 20546

  So, it may still be restricted.

]      Out and about in Ottawa.    hmmm... beer.                |  firewalls  [
] |device driver[