Subject: ITAR Question
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: tech-net
Date: 09/03/1999 11:50:05
Are there any ITAR issues I need to worry about when writing networking code?

I'm interested in adding the CCSDS protocols to the networking stack.
CCSDS stands for Consultative Committee for Space Data Systems (a committee
of ISO) and the protocols in question are the ones used to communicate with
modern deep space spacecraft like DS1, and the late Mars Pathfinder.

The NASA-paid-for implementations are not exportable.  I don't know the
exact reason for sure.  The protocols are international standards available
from http://www.ccsds.org/.