Subject: Re: Poor NFS-performance
To: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
From: Anders Welen <anders.welen@netinsight.se>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/17/1999 16:47:49
Bill Sommerfeld wrote:

>    I'm having problem with really poor NFS performance between NetBSD and
>    Solaris 2.6.
>
> What *specific* symptoms are you seeing?  slow reads?  slow writes?

Both. Even if writing is by far the slowest.

> Can you see if the problem gets any better if you change solaris to
> mount the NetBSD fileserver with rsize=8192,wsize=8192?

I already tried that with no luck.

The machine was running NetBSD 1.3.3 earlier and even if the combination
NetBSD and Solaris was the worst one earlier too, it wasn't as slow as
it is now when running 1.4. It's almost as it getting slower and slower.
I tried to reboot the Solaris-client with no luck. I've not been able to
reboot the server due to that simple fact that other are using it ;)
But I can't see how that should help when other clients (NetBSD and
Linux)
have no problems.

/Anders

--