Subject: Making IPV6 go
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: None <explorer@flame.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/22/1999 02:24:27
I have an arm32 box with the ipv6 stuff compiled in now.  However, it doesn't
seem to interoperate with a linux box with their ipv6 mods.

It seems that the netbsd box doesn't add a default route for fe80:: to any
interface.  Also, pinging the local address (fe80::a00:2bff:fe81:6247)
does not work, but pinging the fudged address (fe80:1::a00:2bff:fe81:6247)
does.  This is all from local host.

No matter what address I try to ping netbsd->linux or linux->netbsd the
wrong thing seems to happen.

Any ideas?

I find it pretty annoying that ifconfig, netstat, etc. all return address
which are quite bogus.  Those are the fe80:n:: ones.

--Michael