Subject: Re: paper on improving Webserver performance
To: Mohit Aron <aron@cs.rice.edu>
From: Mark Allman <mallman@grc.nasa.gov>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/07/1999 11:58:29
Mohit-

We can certainly continue to argue about whether better estimators
are attainable or whether we may be able to add a mechanism that
figures out that a spurious rexmt has been sent and performs some
sort of "undo" on the cwnd/ssthresh adjustment (so we can live with
more aggressive estimators that are wrong sometimes).  The part of
your original note that struck me was your recommendation that your
new code be included in the production netbsd code.  The whole point
of my note of this morning was that my opinion is that this may not
be the best time to go messing with the current code until this RTO
stuff is a bit better understood.

allman