Subject: re: libpcap and LBL
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Danny Thomas <D.Thomas@vthrc.uq.edu.au>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/06/1999 04:33:33
Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>:
>There's a lot of grumbling in the community to the effect that LBL
>does not accept fixes back for libpcap and tcpdump. Users should
>probably start a project to maintain the code apart from LBL.

I think the preceived lack of responsiveness goes back a lot longer than
the dates below, but starting a project to maintain tcpdump, libpcap etc is
probably a good idea after looking at http://ee.lbl.gov/
  Past and Present Group Staff
   * Sally Floyd (at ACIRI as of February 1999)
   * Craig Leres
   * Vern Paxson (at ACIRI as of February 1999)
   * Van Jacobson, Group Leader (at Cisco since late 1998)
   * Kevin Fall (at UCB since late 1998)
   * Steven McCanne (at UCB since 1997)

so even if those individuals who've left want to continue looking after
tcpdump & libpcap, I think we can say LBL is no longer in the position of
maintaining them

Danny Thomas