Subject: Turning off IPv6 on an interface?
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/04/1999 18:11:02
Is there any way to turn off IPv6 on one interface of a multihomed
host?

I'd like to put an INET6 kernel on my home firewall/security
gateway/router.  However, I *don't* want it talking IPv6 at the cable
modem, even with just a link-local address.

How can I turn that off?

The first thing I tried was doing an `ifconfig fxp0 inet6 delete'.
That didn't work.

The next thing I tried was using "setkey" to establish an ipsec
security policy database entry to drop all IPv6 packets; that didn't
work either:

% setkey spdadd ::0/0 ::0/0 any -P discard
Usage:  ./setkey [-dv] -c       ./setkey [-dv] -f (file)
        ./setkey [-Padlv] -D
        ./setkey [-Pdv] -F
        ./setkey [-h] -x

What am I missing?