Subject: Re: export controls
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/28/1999 15:05:49
>	I will soon be committing KAME IPv6/IPsec code into the tree.
>	(IPv6 part will be superseded by unified-ipv6 when unified-ipv6
>	becomes ready).  One thing annoys me is IPsec part and US export
>	control issues.  I would like to know which part in the kernel
>	is okay to go into base tree, and which part must be in
>	crypto-{intl,us} tree.

	Do you think it is (export-control-wise) safe to include
	sys/netinet6/esp.h into syssrc, not to cryptosrc-intl?  If we don't
	include this into syssrc, sys/netinet6/Makefile needs some trick
	(INCS+=esp.h must be controlled in some wacky way).

	My impression is that it is technically safe, but I don't know what
	the export control bureaucrats think.

	KAME sys/netinet6/esp.h can be found at:
http://www2.kame.net/dev/cvsweb.cgi/sys/netinet6/Attic/esp.h?cvsroot=kame-netbsd
	so please look at it and send me your comment.

itojun