Subject: Re: routing and changing networks.
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Lucio De Re <lucio@cackle.proxima.alt.za>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/25/1999 16:21:25
On Fri, Jun 25, 1999 at 09:46:47AM -0400, Bill Sommerfeld wrote:

> At a minimum, when you delete the last ifaddr on a.b.c.0, it should
> flush the (non-static) arp entries for that net..

But a clever system may detect a change of address that remains in the
same network/subnet.  Unfortunately, if a change consists of a delete
followed by an add...

> Maybe it should flush them any time you add/delete an address on that
> interface.

It would be a pity to throw away perfectly good information, although
the effort involved may be greater than the nett gain.  Perhaps after
an expiry period?  I'm thinking of a little hysteresis (sp?).

++L