Subject: Re: export controls
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/23/1999 09:58:56
On Wed, 23 Jun 1999 itojun@iijlab.net wrote:

: >: 	Please let me know your opinion about IPsec export issue.
: >Before importing crypto code into the *kernel*, it needs to be separated
: >into IPsec and non-IPsec code, with the former in a segregated tree.
:
: 	Could you please let me know more detail about what you think?
: 	At this moment my plan is to put export-controlled code into
: 	crypto-{intl,us}/sys/somewhere,6}, and non-controlled part into
: 	syssrc/sys/netinet{,6}.

This sounds reasonable to me.  I just wanted to make sure no
export-controlled code appeared in syssrc/.

: 	For binaries, you can decrease/increase footprint by "options IPSEC"
: 	and "options IPSEC_ESP".

Very good.  :)

--
-- Todd Vierling (tv@pobox.com)