Subject: Re: ether_cmp in lance.c, smc91cxx.c
To: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/10/1999 20:19:31
On Thu, Jun 10, 1999 at 11:14:02PM +1000, Darren Reed wrote:

> Shouldn't ether_cmp be in a .h file or something ?

yes.

> Somewhat amusingly, the `implementation' of ether_cmp() in the two files
> mentioned above (it's bound to be in more!) don't exactly agree.

Hm.

the lance version is the optimized one (with the m68k special case...
MMMM, auto-incrementing operand fetch units), which was discussed one or
two years ago...

If nobody objects, I'll move this to /sys/net/if_ether.h inside #ifdef _KERNEL.

(Given that all MMU-able 680x0 can handle unaligned accesses, a further
 68k optimization comes to my mind, but I need to benchmark that first).

Regards,
	-is