Subject: Re: kern/1515 - Changing netstat variables to 64 bit
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/09/1999 10:41:56
Lennart Augustsson writes:

>As far as I can tell, gcc open-codes adddi3 on the following machines:
>a29k alpha arc arm clipper convex elxsi i370 i386 i860 m32r m68k m88k mips
>ns32k pa pyr romp rs6000 sh sparc vax we32k

:-> If even Core-class people are getting confused about which bits of
gcc's backend library gets used, maybe that's a good reason to fix our
lossage and build only the RTL insn-emulation functions that're
acutally required (i.e., those that arent defined in a port's .md file)?

More a tech-toolchain thing, tho. Todd, are you listening?