Subject: Re: Status of de driver?
To: Sean Witham <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Pelley <mike@pelley.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/05/1999 14:39:58
> Will the de bugs be fixed in the final 1.4 release ? The 1.3.2
> installation I have
> fails to bring the interface UP if the switch it is connected to is
> reset or
> the if its patch lead is reattached. In such situations I'm forced to
> login into
> the machine at the console and manually issue an ifconfig de0 up.
> The card is a D-Link DE500 BTW.

I'm using a Kingston KNE100TX card with a Digital 21140a (according to
dmesg).  When I had 1.3.2 installed, the link would not work if I unplugged
the ethernet and plugged it back in (had to ifconfig de0 up), but that is no
longer true with the current 1.4 beta.  This particular bug seems to be
fixed ;o)

CU!  Mike.