Subject: Re: weird network delays connecting to cable provider's servers...
To: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
From: Stefan Grefen <grefen@hprc.tandem.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/06/1999 15:42:38
In message <199904061248.WAA02276@avalon.reed.wattle.id.au>  Darren Reed wrote:
> In some email I received from Stefan Grefen, sie wrote:
> [...]
> > Also I think we do very enthusiastic acking (I know it is recommended by the
> > working group,  ..)
> >
> > Most of the options shouldn't matter ... but it may influence our statemachine
> > a little to do less acks ...
>
> how about sysctl's to control how many delayed acks are kept ?

:-)) Want to start a fight with the guys attending the working groups ?? :-))

If IRC there was a decent flamewar^H^H^HXXXX discussion at the point when this
change went into NetBSD.

Stefan
--
Stefan Grefen                                Tantau Software International Inc.
grefen@hprc.tandem.com                       stefan.grefen@tantau.de