Subject: Re: weird network delays connecting to cable provider's servers...
To: Darren Reed <>
From: Stefan Grefen <>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/06/1999 15:42:38
In message <>  Darren Reed wrote:
> In some email I received from Stefan Grefen, sie wrote:
> [...]
> > Also I think we do very enthusiastic acking (I know it is recommended by the
> > working group,  ..)
> >
> > Most of the options shouldn't matter ... but it may influence our statemachine
> > a little to do less acks ...
> how about sysctl's to control how many delayed acks are kept ?

:-)) Want to start a fight with the guys attending the working groups ?? :-))

If IRC there was a decent flamewar^H^H^HXXXX discussion at the point when this
change went into NetBSD.

Stefan Grefen                                Tantau Software International Inc.
 --- Hacking's just another word for nothing left to kludge. ---