Subject: ppp beginner problems!
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Doug <doemill@shocking.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/15/1999 16:14:21
Hello
I have a 486 running netBSD 1.3.3, I cant get ppp to work! I have installed
the minicom package and can dial out with that, I have tried xisp, wouldnt
compile, I have tried the other pppd howtoos (include ppp.setup.tgz) and
Nothing will work! with ppp.setup.tgz fromt he netbsd site, It will dial my
isp, but nothing else, I dont hear it connecting. With the other ppp howot
(the one were you do 'pppd call myisp') it will call my isp, i cant hear
the modem dialing, then It disconnects ssaying the line is not 8 bit cealn
?
If anyone could tar their /etc/ppp (taking out the passwords of course) and
sending them to me, Iwould be greatly apreciated!
Doug