Subject: Re: NE2000 Compatible PCMCIA Ethernet Card
To: None <Lloyd.Parkes@vuw.ac.nz>
From: Rene Hexel <rh@idle.trapdoor.vip.at>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/13/1999 17:29:57
Lloyd.Parkes@vuw.ac.nz wrote:

> The Linux drivers that I have seen do know about one PCMCIA NE2000 card
> with an unusual memory configuration. If this is the quirk that lets
> your card work under Linux, then the GWETHER code may help.

  Unfortunately, activating the GWETHER option does not seem to make
much of a difference.  I have also been playing around with enet_maddr,
but setting it to -1, 0, 0xff0, or 0x7f0 didn't make any difference.  I
have noticed that some cards use completely different addresses: what is
the recommended way of finding out the correct value here (I didn't find
anything useful in the PCMCIA information provided by the card)?

  Cheers
      ,
   Rene