Subject: libpcap / BPF query
To: None <>
From: Packrat's lists <>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/14/1999 16:41:56
This may be an incorrect forum for this question, but I'm trying to
track down behaviour fairly deep in the kernel and base libraries, and I
thought that research might be more productive.

In a situation where a timeout of some number of milliseconds has been
set with the to_ms option to pcap_open_live(), does this timeout cause
pcap_next() to return after this timeout if no data had been forthcoming
from the packet filter.

This would appear not to be the case from the test cases I can create, but
I have a very limited selection of NetBSD machines to play with.

Mechanical and Civil Sysadmin.